Use any of your favorite pizza toppings! One of my favorites is BBQ Chicken Pineapple and Pickle! Be creative, get messy, always add Sommerfield’s Pickles, and have fun with it.
Parchment paper for baking
1 TB of cornmeal
1 can of Pillsbury crescent seamless dough sheet
12 tsp pizza sauce
1 pouch of sliced pepperoni (about 12 slices)
6 tsp chopped raw onion
2 Sommerfield’s Garlic Dill spears cut into 12 equal chunks
1 8oz pkg. (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
3 sheets of phyllo dough or puff pastry
1/2 cup water or egg wash for brushing phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle paper with cornmeal.
- Spread seamless dough sheet out on cornmeal cut into 12 equal squares. Keep all dough squares together touching, do not separate them.
- Put 1 tsp of pizza sauce on each square followed by one slice of pepperoni, then 1/2 tsp onion on each then a Sommerfield’s Pickle chunk on each.
- Sprinkle 1/2 bag of cheese over the entire dough sheet.
- Brush water around the edges of the dough sheet and then top with three sheets of phyllo dough (each brushed with water or egg wash).
- Press around all edges including insides of the twelve squares as well as you build the 3 layers of phyllo dough.
- Trim away the extra phyllo dough down to the size of the original crescent dough sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and top crust is Pizza puffs will easily slide off the parchment paper onto a serving platter, the just pull these apart and enjoy.